Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Oh Wednesday....

Sooo.....
I went to the doctor last Friday to have my monthly medication check, we are trying something new for the headaches. High blood pressure meds, how does that work. Anyway all I know is that since I have started taking them I am super more tired in the morning and my fingers and ankles are swollen until a couple hours after I get out of bed. Now I don't have high blood pressure, mine is normally, actually always, around 116/73 so the fact that they put me on these meds causes concern. My doctor said that it could possibly cause dizziness or fainting and so I should take it at night. The purpose is to keep my headaches from forming in the first place but I just don't get it. So far...not working. I have tried so many different pills for this preventative measure....Nothing has worked, I am almost ready to give up!!! What I am getting at, does anyone know any herbal remedy's, or old wives tales etc. to prevent headaches. Once it starts my life is over, if I could just keep it from starting.  I have migraine pills that alleviate the head pounding but I can't take them at work as they make me feel like someone has removed my brain and placed it in a jar on a shelf. ARGH! oh and for wordless wed...I give you bliss....

No comments: