Friday, October 17, 2008

Oh my aching head...

So I am sitting at work and have one of the worst headache's i think I have ever had. It is Friday and although I start work at 6am I don't get off until 3, I am just wishing I could lay down and close my eyes to the pain. I have had said headache for going on 5 full days. I was taking Topomax(which I hated) and it wasn't helping so I stopped taking it and do not miss the forgetfulness, tingling fingers/toes, lack of sex drive or the stuttering that it caused. I have a prescription for Maxalt but when I take them I feel like my eyeballs will explode from all the pressure in my skull.
I have been battling Migraines for about 2.5 years now and have tried many different prescription drugs, none of them seem to help much, if they do it is usually only for the first couple of weeks then back to never ending pain...ARGH. I have been to see my regular doctor and have gotten Toridal shots that seemed to help until they did a blood test and realized that my Liver was not happy (increased cretin(sp) levels). I am at the end of my rope, I am snappy with the kids and am sure that I am driving my husband up the wall with all of my demands for peace and quiet.
Does anyone have a holistic approach that they can suggest, I am sick of pumping my body full of useless pharmaceuticals that never seem to solve the problem only cause more.....HELP ME before I completely lose my mind(or what little I have left!!!)
 

No comments: